One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, December 09, 2005

Toe, Finger, Poker, and Snow

Last night in my frenzy of activity I clobbered my pinky toe on the trim of a door and broke it. Okay, there wsa no frenzy, and I'm not *positive* I broke it, but I'm pretty darn sure. It's swollen, it hurts, etc. I called our podiatrist, who really is a friend from college so it's not as if I actually have a regular podiatrist when I didn't have a regular dentist for three years, and as expected, she told me don't bother getting it Xrayed, just tape it to it's neighbor.

She also told me not to 'exsanguinate' it, AKA don't tourniquet my toe off. Which, thanks for the tip, honey, but that one I was pretty clear on! I do want to KEEP my toe!

The fact that I broke my toe just hanging out in my house is pretty sad, and the sadder part (for me) is that this is the first bone I've broken in 29 years. A streak broken! And now, I have to endure mocking from Esposo.

Esposo who broke his finger playing softball and required surgery that inserted a 4 inch pin into his finger. It was disgusting. Esposo came home this morning after playing poker with the guys and snowblowed our driveway. Oh, sweet snowblower! And great Esposo! What more can you ask for after the first heavy snow of the season than a freshly snowblowed driveway?

And then he came inside and made fun of me for breaking my toe.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Don't feel too bad--I've also only ever broken a toe (I'm 30). I broke it on my son's rocking chair (actually, my toe was under the chair and I rocked over it) when he was probably about Luke's age. Maybe it's a common trend among sleep-deprived moms... :)

8:07 AM  
Blogger *lynne* said...

*o*u*c*h* hope it heals soon...

9:00 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

What a bum deal. I hope it heals fast. I hear those darn broken toes can take a long time to feel better.

And you need to come up with a great story as to how you broke it. Like maybe a freak tattoo accident. (Hey, it COULD happen!)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

My son broke his little tow at age 6, climbing the atrium stairs! Now, that's a lame story! isabel has a good point; let's make up something fabulous!!! C

12:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

as said podiatrist, i was trying to be helpful!! i couldn't exactly fly out and xray your toe!!:) hope it feels better....me

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home