One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, December 16, 2005

MOBILITY AT LAST!!

Okay, it's not like he was immobile, the kid's been crawling for 3 or 4 months now. But last night, after weeks of everyone everywhere coaxing coaxing coaxing Luke to take a step, he took THREE! In a ROW! And did not fall over! I cheered and clapped for him and he clapped along with me, but then we found that the standing and clapping is WAY overtaxing on the balance systems of a ten month old and he sat down.

I tried to get him to walk more, but he was done, I mean, come ON, mom, what more do you want?? So I called my husband, my mother, my mother-in-law, and my brother (The Boy). And I actually got to speak to The Boy, which was novel because between the two hour time difference between here and California and his flat out insane schedule (frequently, The Boy works 12-16 hour days) there tends to be a lot of message leaving.

By the way, can you guess what my family nickname is?

Luke was pretty thrilled all night long, there was tickling and giggling and general happiness, and then after a bottle, he went right to bed without so much as a whimper. Unfortunately, he woke up at 4:15, but I put him back to bed at 5:30 and he was headed back to dreamland. Until I so stupidly went in his room to cover him with blankets and woke him up. Now there is further crying from his room, where before there was silence.

And yes, you correctly guessed 'The Girl'!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home