One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Bah! Humbug! Bah!

I've tried to write about four or five entries in here this week, and I get interupted by outside sources or my brain simply shuts off mid sentence and I am unable to continue. So I delete and go look at something shiny. So I'm making a promise now that I'll publish this even if it makes absolutely no sense.

The weight loss is coming along, whether or not the evil scale we're using for the contest agrees with me that I am finally getting past the plateau. Today I started wondering about how far I want to take this weight loss, though. I'm eight pounds from the weight I was at the end of my freshman year of college, which is probably a good fifteen above my high school weight (so about 23 pounds from here). The weight where I was actually pretty darn happy with my body is 28 pounds and a whole lot of muscle tone away.

Of course it would be fabulous to get back to that happy happy joy joy weight, but we want another child. So, I'm expecting to get pregnant later this year. When is kind of up in the air because it depends on jobs (57 days until graduation!), but still, how much effort do I want to put forth when I'm just going to get fat again?

But I don't want to get as fat, that's for certain. And I'm moving along pretty well right now so I'll just keep going. With how my life pans out I'm guessing outside forces will make the decision to stop dieting for me.

I'm really looking forward to some bike rides with baby-in-tow, though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home