One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, July 14, 2006

Sleep, Glorious Sleep

Esposo has left for the weekend - I'm here alone with Luke. Luke's not even awake yet this morning, though, and I'm up because I can no longer sleep. I was never a huge sleeper. Even as a teenager I wasn't able to sleep until 2 in the afternoon like my brother, getting up usually between 10 and 11.

When I was living with Psycho roommate, I slept a lot to avoid her. And then I moved into my own place and started working out near daily and needed a good solid 7-8 hours of sleep.

As I'm getting older, though, I'm finding I just can't sleep. I was busy - moving around a lot - all last evening, and went to bed at 10. I was up at 4:20 this morning. If I felt supremely rested, I suppose this would be a fabulous thing - look, 6 hours of sleep! I can get so much more DONE! But I don't. I still feel tired and I want to fall back into bed until, oh, I don't know, 6 maybe? Do I ask too much?

Today we're schlepping a carload of stuff to a friend's garage sale. This has done a lot to empty out my garage and I'm pretty excited about seeing it go - and hopefully getting $100 - $200 cash for it! I like cash.

I'm not sure what to do with myself now, though. There's something sick and wrong about cleaning at 5:22 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home