One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Eating Together

In case you are capable of ignoring the non-news, the 'experts', whoever they may be, are constantly telling us that we all need to SIT DOWN and EAT WITH OUR KIDS. I do try to do this, sort of, with a toddler and an infant. The problem is that by the time I get to the SIT DOWN part I'm so exhausted from getting the food and cutting it and cooling and "Mama I want wawer! In a glass!" that I just plop down and pull out something to read while I eat.

I don't think this is what the experts intended. But really, the talking is starting to exhaust me hourly.
(After I hang up the phone in the car)
"Mama, who were you talking to?"
"Grandma"
"Why were you talking to Grandma?"
"Because I like to."
"Why do you like to?"
"Because I love Grandma."
"Why do you love Grandma?"
"Because Grandma is nice"
"Why is Grandma nice?"
"Because she loves us." (screw the circular logic here, I was TRAPPED IN A WHY LOOP!)
"Why does she love us?"
"Lord only knows, kid, Lord only knows."

(pause)

"Why does Lord only know?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home