One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Exasperation

When I am dealing with my active boy running, jumping and climbing somewhere, I have gotten the comment about how it's hard now, but when he's a teenager, he'll be SO MUCH EASIER to parent than the little girls who are currently NOT using sticks as swords and smacking their friends on the head.

I now have a glimpse into the future. He's going to be a fun teenager, too!

We drove home from my mother's late last night, (um, 7:30. Late in respect to the KIDS) and I told Luke he would be going straight to bed or the Easter Bunny wouldn't come. He readily agreed since by the end of the day he is exhausted. I told that he wouldn't have to clean up his room before bedtime (as he usually must) because I had already cleaned today.

He leaned forward in his carseat "Did you clean up the cars?"

"Yes." I answered, leaning back to look at him.

He throws himself back in the carseat and rolls his eyes, and I was suddenly looking at our future, my three year old at 8, 10, 13. It's not pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home