One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Garage Sale - The Positive Day

While I ended the day yesterday happy with our sales, I was somewhat disturbed by the general population. There was the woman who sent her child in to the bathroom with one of my 'mom friends' and the child needed a wipe - if your child can't wipe himself, he can't go in alone! There were the hagglers and also the possible theft.

The best thing about a garage sale for me, though, is that I talked to my neighbors and people in the 'hood. I met a mother with a child who would be in Luke's class at school and we exchanged numbers. I chatted with two direct neighbors and one indirect neighbor. We saw the mentally handicapped guy who bowled with us. It made my world smaller, and I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home