One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Three Baby

When Esposo and I were dating and getting married and doing all that theoretical talking about the theoretical children, we had two options - two children or four. I was in the "two children" camp and he was in the "four". Somewhere along the way we met in the middle to a nice average "three".

You may have noticed that we currently have "two" children and thus would need one more to meet the theoretical "three" that we had discussed. If you have known me for over 14 months, you may also remember that I do. not. enjoy. pregnancy.

If you have known me for longer than four years, you may even remember the days when I enjoyed beer. Beer and vodka and gin and other alcohol containing beverages. You may have stories regarding me in a bar, on a bar, on the floor, or hanging over a bush being particularly cruel to the bush. Apparently, I still do like the beer and the vodka nd the other alcohol containing liquids. Apparently, the American Academy of Pediatrics and other doctory type people still reccommend the cessation of all alcohol imbibe-nation during the nine months of incubation.

Perhaps you see where I am going with this?

I do not relish the prospect of not drinking for nine months of pregnancy and limited drinking for months of nursing. But I will do it for you, future not yet existent child. You better invite me to moms weekend at your college (UofI) of choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home