One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, October 14, 2005

Irrational Fear Realized

I'm always a little bit creeped out about the idea of there being something IN my shoes when I put them on. It's not something that makes me dump out my shoes and inspect them before putting them on, but I'd say at least half the time I'm putting on my shoes, I'm thinking What if there's something in there?

I was just tying my shoes, because they consistently come untied (and yes, I wear laced shoes to work, they're safety, non-slip shoes) and people like to warn me that my shoes are untied. In 29 years, I've never tripped on a shoelace. I've walked into walls, lights, tripped over my own feet, but never a shoelace.

So, tying my shoe. I pull the laces tight and the pulling pulled something out from between the tongue and the shoe. Something flattened and with eight legs.

AGH! It was IN MY SHOE. Did it die there? Was it dead when I PUT ON my shoe? Oh, I have the creepy crawlies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home