One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Sell It!

I work at a place that has a sales force spread throughout the country. I am not part of that sales force, but I work at the place where they make the stuff that the sales force sells.

Since there are only a few manufacturing plants throughout the country, the sales force will descend upon our building for meetings and to see how our products are made.

We have engineers and science dorks working here, essentially. We grunt at each other. Sometimes there is panic and arm waving. We are in the drudge of day to day employment.

They are sales. They are all smiles and friendly and chatty and excited to be somewhere that's not home, meeting new people and getting geared up to sell!

Can you see how these two things clash? On a typical day, the cafeteria holds about 50 people at any given time, and since we're in work mode, we're sedate. When the sales force is having a meeting, the cafeteria will be taken over and the volume escalates to easily quadruple the norm. My coworkers and I slink out in fear of the exuberance.

I was just accosted in the restroom, as a sales person exhorted me to Join the Sales Force!. Um, I'm at work, see? I respect what you do, but it's not what I do, mmm k?

I feel hunted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home