One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, October 17, 2005

Long Weekends

When I was single, or when my husband and I were dating, long weekends meant we spent both Friday and Saturday night out and about into the wee hours of the morning, and added a Bears game on Sunday to round it out. We would see roughly 800 people, have about 600 drinks and drop cash like it was water.

Let me think, how much did I spend on alcohol this weekend? None. Oh. Um, did I at least have a beer at home? Well, no. Was it a good weekend? Yeah. Was it a long weekend? Double yeah.

I think we watched a movie Friday night, and I know that if by Monday morning, I can't clearly remember Friday night, it was a long weekend (I do remember now, we watched Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy, which was a very good adaptation of a very complicated book!).

Luke had a lot of opportunities to see other children this weekend - first his cousins on Saturday evening, and then at a play group Sunday afternoon. He absolutely loves unstructured play time with other children, and interacts very well with other people. He's a very open and curious little boy.

He got pushed a little bit by his slightly older cousin, which seemed to shock him - his cousin has an older brother, and well, babies with older siblings are a bit more rough and tumble! Parents don't tend to accidentally knock their children over (except for last night, sorry, Luke!) and three year olds do! I think it's really good for Luke to play with as many children as possible - he's in daycare two days a week, but alone at home for the rest. And have I mentioned, he loves other kids?

Loves them.

I feel like I'm starting to really meet a few other moms, people I could be friends with. I joined a mommy group through Meetup.com and I've been going to events for awhile. I'm slow at getting to know people, so it's hard for me, but so far everyone I've met has been great. And it really helps mentally to talk to people who are doing the same things as you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home