One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Whining to Giggles

Luke does keep learning a new thing every day. It is very hard to keep up with, because he constantly wants to explore to learn the new things that must be out there. Which means when he crawls into the cabinet under the sink as I empty the garbage, where some abrasive soaps are stored, and I pull him backwards and shut the door, there is screaming and pounding against the injustice of it all.

I'm still reeling from the fact that no one told me that they whine so early on.

Later, after baths, which meant getting Squirmsy dressed (he does not understand that the reason his teeth are chattering is because he will not sit still for me to put clothes on him!), we played on my bed, which is a king sized playground for good jumping and bouncing and tickling. For a few minutes we lay on our sides, face to face, and I pretended to eat his hand as he reached out for my face, and all twenty pounds of babyness giggled in glee... I forgot all about the whining and the sleep loss, and I'll hold that sound and that happy face with me all day, and hopefully all my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home