One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Can I Get A New Brain? This One's Broken.

When I was younger I had a great memory. Random, stupid, useless facts would trot into my head and take up permanent residence (March 3rd is Morocco's independence day). Phone numbers? I could memorize them with a few repeats in my head.

I got older, and things started getting fuzzier. For one thing, I didn't care as much, because I could always look it up in the internet. Mmmm, internet. And then the alcohol probably blacked out entire regions.

But what I don't get is this 'Mommy Brain'. I have certainly become more absent minded through motherhood. And the scariest part of that? I am even more apt to say 'Whoops! Silly me, I forgot!' than ever. This afternoon I stopped by a neighbors house to say hi. I've met her daughter once, but that slipped my mind, along with her daughter's name and her son's name. Thankfully, I remembered HER name, but seriously, shouldn't simple things like names be stored somewhere?

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

It gets worse...I can no longer answer math questions while driving or typing (my son likes to boggle my brain with 4th grade stuff while I'm operating dangerous machinery!).

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home