One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

When Throwing Stones, Duck

I'm not a confrontational person. I don't like fighting or yelling or arguments. This is probably part of why I tend not to get too close to people, because the closer you are, the more likely you are to get into arguments and petty bickering. And that stresses me out. I am convinced it will all explode into massive disgust and general unhappiness. And THAT'S probably because the people I do end up having confrontations with are so all-fired IN-FREAKING-SANE that the confrontation isn't going to be normal. Maybe I should start confronting people that aren't insane about littler things.

My moms group now has 91 people. Basically, you are never ever going to find 91 people who love each other, and thinks that every one of the other 90 people are swell-peachy-keen. Unless, of course, you're all on mood altering drugs, and at that point you think your best friend is Mr. Couch and Mr. Floor is so sweet, too.

The group has been around for almost a year now, and very active for the last six months or so. Basically, the honeymoon period is wearing off. We're all now at the point where we've met people we like and people we really don't.

Because I organize a lot of events for the group, as I am, you know, an organizer, my particular pet peeve are the complainers. They come to events and then throw in little comments in the reviews "I wanted this, I wanted that, I thought it was free." (dude, nothing's free in this world). And yet, they plan nothing. It makes me crazy, and thankfully I am at least to the point in my life where I do realize that these people will never actually be happy. Complaining is in their makeup.

I also get to hear complaints about other people, what they have and have not done, etc. And not that I'm a particularly Bible-y sort of person, but there seems to be this particularly appropriate story about a group of people stoning some woman, and Jesus saying "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." A few stones are starting to be thrown here and there, and I think my best plan is to duck and deflect as much as possible, because I have certainly given people enough to complain about with my actions in the past. Not intentionally, but who intentionally does things to peeve other people off?

Nonetheless, it should be interesting. And what's life without interesting interludes?

1 Comments:

Blogger IronDow said...

I do things to "peeve people off." I do it all the time. I think it's funny to see how irate I can make someone. It should be noted that I haven't intentionally done this to YOU in quite some time.

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home