One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Healthier

Esposo has been on a health kick since the beginning of this year. You'd think I would have joined him while I was pregnant, but then you'd be overestimating my tolerance for pregnancy, because no way was I going to not eat ice cream AND be pregnant. But, since I have to lose weight, and I do want my kids to eat healthier than I do, I've joined him on the eat healthy plan.

Earlier this week we had apples, bananas, grapes, strawberries, and oranges in the house. For vegetables we had celery, carrots, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, corn, and whatever category potatoes and onions fall into. This was an ABSURD amount of fresh produce to me, but I think we're down to half a tomato, an orange, and some grapes and strawberries. Meaning we all ate fresh food.

So far, it's paying off with Luke. It's not like I was handing him chocolate cake three times a day, but he ate more animal crackers and granola bars than any 29 pound person should have. Our entire method to get him to eat new food is to eat it in front of him and offer it at intervals, never pushing. Today he had half an apple slice, two bites of banana, and about 6 grapes (which he always ate).

We're also starving him before dinner, pushing his snack back and making it smaller, so when dinner rolls around he sits and eats meat. Of course, to get him to eat more and sit at the table, we employ the bribe system. Want a chocolate chip? Eat two bites of meat. I figure the good outweighs the bad in that equation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home