One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, October 15, 2007

A Life Recorded

Famous people have never held much pull for me. I had a few childhood crushes on various young actors, and I liked some bands, but I was never like the screaming, crying girls you saw filmed at New Kids on the Block concerts. I'm fairly proud that I was anti NKOTB even in seventh grade...

I never wanted to BE famous either. Mixing and mingling with hundreds of people, cameras recording your bad hair days (read: everyday for me), criticism, nothing about it appealed to me.

And certainly now, looking back at my college years, I'm really glad that wasn't recorded. Every time I hear a quote from a famous teenager I wince, I want their parents to drag them away from the microphone because surely that will come back to haunt them.

I just read that Paris Hilton wants to change her life and stop partying. She's only 23 years old, and your twenties are all about reinventing yourself, so I think it's fabulous that she's trying to do something good. I'd certainly rather hear her trying than saying "That's hot." Of course, people are still aiming hateful spew in her direction (read the comments on the article), because why would they let her change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home