One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

T Minus Three Days to Goal

My goal with Courtney was to nurse for six months, and she turns six months old on Friday. Six months! I'm thrilled to have reached this goal, and it really did get easier as time went on. Never holding my feet to the fire helped, too - she did get formula a few times (and thankfully, never had a problem taking a bottle). Now I'm faced with continuing to nurse or weaning her now. I've been compiling lists in my head of why to choose one option or the other.

Wean:
1. No more leaking boobs.
2. No more concern about alcohol in the milk.
3. Other people can feed her easily and my boobs won't leak when I don't feed her.

Nurse:
1. Cheaper
2. I can still eat whatever I want and not gain weight
3. The boob calms her down 90% of the time when she's upset
4. Easier on her digestion
5. No periods
6. No bottles to wash

She loves to eat solid foods, and has eaten everything without a fuss, so nursing isn't as big of an issue as it was just a month ago. A friend just loaned me a baby food making book so I can work on her next meals. I'd really like to nurse until the end of the year, but it seems like SUCH a long time. Right now I'm thinking I'll take it in two week increments...

Edited to add:
I keep coming back and adding things to the 'Nurse' column... I guess that's the compelling argument to keep nursing.

1 Comments:

Blogger ~me said...

Ah, just carry on. She might wean before you're ready. 6 months flew by didn't they?

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home