One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Ship him out

Luke's birthday is at an inconvenient time for me, because it means we have to wait until he's 3 AND A HALF to be in a preschool program. Children born during the summer months are just three when they start, and if Luke were able to start school in 3.5 months, I would feel a lot better about our unstructured time now.

It's not that I want to send Luke to school five days a week, or even three. Or even for a very long time. I just want him to go to preschool two days a week for two and a half hours. That would be five hours of me NOT amusing him.

Remember, he doesn't nap.

There are people I know who have napping children who still have babysitters and do parents day out programs (where you drop your kid off one day a week at a church for four hours or so) and have child care at their gyms... so they have time without at least one of their children.

Luke is relentless. He's always there, always busy, and becoming addicted to television because I am not enough to amuse an almost three year old for 12-13 hours a day. Good grief, someone take him for awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home