One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Traditions

I like the idea of having some traditions with my children that are specific to our family. Yes, we set up a Christmas tree and decorate it and make Christmas cookies. Sure, we celebrate birthdays. But maybe every spring we'll go on a walk to find the first flowers. Something that not everyone does.

We've started a bedtime ritual without intending to, and I am loving it. After dinner and before bed is now one of my favorite times of day as I get the kids ready for bed (with or without bath) and then we play upstairs. If Daddy is home it's rambunctious and silly. If I'm tired it's Luke and Courtney in one of their rooms together. And we all have a great time every night right before bed. And that's pretty awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home