One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, May 09, 2008

Proof that she's mine

Courtney looks so much like her father it's as if she sprung from his hip, except that, oh yeah, I carried her for nine months and did the whole "labor" thing. No biggie, just wanted to mention it, you know.

But she's showing my genes in the oddest of ways - she likes to lay sideways in her crib with her feet through the slats, from there talking, perusing the latest baby book and generally hanging out. As a kid, when I went on marathon reading sessions (which was basically anytime I had a book I hadn't read) I would lay on the couch, behind the couch, with my head hanging upside down over the side, etc etc etc.

If reading in weird positions is truly hereditary, I look forward to finding her sitting on top of the fridge with a book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home