One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, October 10, 2005

The Car That Sucks My Soul

When we became pregnant last year, there were a lot of changes to be made. One, we needed a larger space since we barely fit into our two bedroom, one bath townhouse with us, the two cats and the dog as it was.

Then, there was the car situation. M and I both loved our cars. I drove a Miata. Convertible. Red. Tiny. And no back seat. None. Did I mention tiny? I loved that car. I could crank my music and take corners on two wheels. Yes, it was a four cylinder, but it still handled. And environmentally friendly!

I hate SUVs. Hate them. Ugly, huge, nasty things. Not comfortable. So that was definitely out on the agenda. We looked, and looked, and found the Subaru Outback. Outback, right? Rugged, adventurous.

Um, it's a station wagon. I went from a Sport Car, to a Sation Wagon. The other day I was listening to good music and went to take a corner and I was clunkily reminded that you're in a staion wagon, numbskull! The Miata, she had personality. She had zing! She had a name.

The Outback, well, I tried to give it a name, but it didn't stick, because it's just a car. It holds the stroller, and the playpen, and the baby, and the dog, and our bags, and it has heated seats. But it's just a car.

*sigh* I still miss Miss M.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chrissy said...

Someday, we WILL drive cool cars again...! I still miss the Acura Integra that was traded in for a van. *sigh* {}C

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home