One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, July 31, 2006

Let Me Hold the Bags

When I thought about having children, before having Luke, I thought, 'I want to be the mom who goes on all the rides at the amusement park with them! I want to be in there DOING things WITH them, not watching!'. My mom always manned the bags, the strollers, while my friends or my father or my brother and I went on the rides. I thought that seemed so sad, to be relegated to the holder of things.

Until I had Luke, and found that watching him have fun is far more satisfying than doing anything myself. He had his first experience in a Bounce House yesterday, and while he can't jump, he ran and stomped and fell and laughed and I think I enjoyed it just as much as he did. His smile was huge the whole time, and he looked out the sides to make sure I was watching.

And I was, the whole time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home