One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Friday, August 10, 2007

Parenting

I've decided that my advice to new parents shall be Channel Scrlet O'Hara and always remember that Tomorrow is Another Day! I wonder if I could write a whole parenting book based on Gone With the Wind? Except didn't she abandon Bonnie Blue or whatever her name was and Rhett walk off with the kid? I've only seen the movie a couple times... perhaps I should read the book before basing a parenting technique on some selfish, slave owning, prissy character?

Hm.

But my point, and I do have one, is that you never quite know what your kids are going to do day to day. For about a month now, Luke's been napping. 2-3 hours almost every single day. He hadn't napped regularly for 6 or 8 months! At first I was reading to him for 45 minutes to get him to take a nap. Now it's about 15 minutes. Man, this SAHM shit is SO much easier with naps (though if they could stop staggering them so that they only overlap for about half an hour, that'd be great. Thanks!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home