One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Golden Days

I've been getting a lot of comments lately in regards to 'enjoy them while they're young'. All mothers of young children get this comment at one time or another, and I'm sure that I will make it to some other mothers later. Because this is really one brief moment in my life - even if we have one more child, we have maybe eight years of true toddler innocence - I'm assuming it ends around 4.

I was wondering why we were attracting all this doting attention when it dawned on me that Luke has been screaming and running from me less. He sat in the cart at the store today, and except for 3-5 minutes of complaining/screaming, he was content. When he's not screaming, we're able to be silly together, which means more laughing, and I think we can all agree that a little kid's laugh is THE ABSOLUTE BEST SOUND in the world. You have to smile when you hear a baby or little kid laugh.

So yes, I am enjoying them, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home