One More Mommy

Thoughts of a mom and her husband, son, daughter, pets, friends, job (or lack thereof), house, family, trying to be more ecologically aware...

Monday, November 12, 2007

Been There

There seems to be a number of mothers of toddlers who get embarrassed when their children act up. I read about them. I'm not one of them most of the time, because what the hell, I gave up most of my control awhile ago. As long as I'm actually paying attention and parenting my child, I figure I'm okay and the judgemental people can go to hell.

I also figure that most people aren't judging me, especially if they're parents, because they know that the pint sized people are evil little shits sometimes. But I still feel awkward when someone near me is dealing with a screaming, flailing toddler doing something inappropriate. I want to give a little support to let them know that they're not alone and not being judged, but it's kind of hard to do that, since they're dealing with a screaming, flailing toddler. Sometimes I try to make a light comment, or if I can help by picking something up or opening a door I'll do that.

Maybe I'll get business cards made up that say "My toddler a rotten little brat sometimes, too. I feel your pain!"

I'd probably get DCFS called on me if I handed those out.

3 Comments:

Blogger ~me said...

I'd buy those cards

8:39 PM  
Blogger An Epistemology said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:41 AM  
Blogger An Epistemology said...

I feel the same

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home